Install Nginx Php Java On Centos 7
What is Nginx?
Nginx is an open source Web server created to serve Web traffic efficiently, reliably, and quickly. Nginx has become the go-to Web server for many popular websites thanks to its efficient handling of concurrent requests, stability, and low resource utilization. Nginx is commonly used to deploy websites written in popular programming languages like PHP and Java across cloud environments.
What is PHP?
PHP is a powerful scripting language designed to create dynamic content on websites. It is freely available and used by millions of websites in production environments. PHP is fast, secure, and relatively easy to learn. It is also object-oriented, allowing developers to create modular applications that can be easily adapted and customized.
What is Java?
Java is a powerful and popular programming language developed by Sun Microsystems. Java is designed to create platforms-independent applications that can run on any operating system. Java is used to create enterprise-level applications and modern Web applications across multiple devices. Its syntax is easy to learn, but it takes some practice to become proficient in it.
What is Centos 7?
Centos 7 is a Linux based operating system created by CentOS Project. It is used as an enterprise-level operating system for Web servers, databases, applications, and other systems. Centos 7 supports Nginx, PHP, and Java, allowing developers to quickly and easily deploy their websites or applications on the Internet.
How To Install Nginx, PHP, and Java on Centos 7?
1. Update Your System: Before you begin the installation process, it is important to update your system to the latest version. Use the “yum update” command and wait for the system to update.
2. Install Nginx: Use the following command to install Nginx on Centos 7: “yum install nginx”. This command will install Nginx and its required dependencies.
3. Install PHP: To install PHP, you will need to first enable the Remi Repository using the command: “yum install yum-utils”. Now you can install PHP using the command: “yum install php”. Wait for the installation to complete.
4. Install Java: To install Java on Centos 7, you will need to install the “java-1.8.0-openjdk” package. To do so, use the following command: “yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk”. This will install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and the Java Development Kit (JDK).
5. Start Nginx, PHP, and Java: After successful installation, start all the services using the following command: “systemctl start nginx php-fpm java”. This will start the Nginx, PHP, and Java services.
6. Enable Services: After starting the services, you need to enable them to start automatically when the system boots. To do so, use the following commands: “systemctl enable nginx”, “systemctl enable php-fpm”, and “systemctl enable java”.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Nginx?
A. Nginx is an open source Web server created to serve Web traffic efficiently, reliably, and quickly.
Q. What language does Nginx support?
A. Nginx supports web languages such as PHP, Java, etc.
Q. What is Centos 7?
A. Centos 7 is a Linux based operating system created by CentOS Project.
Q. How do I install Nginx, PHP, and Java on Centos 7?
A. To install Nginx, PHP, and Java on Centos 7, use the following commands: “yum update”, “yum install nginx”, “yum install php”, “yum install yum-utils”, “yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk”, “systemctl start nginx php-fpm java”, and “systemctl enable nginx php-fpm java”.
In this article, we have seen how to install Nginx, PHP, and Java on Centos 7. We have discussed the steps for updating the system, installing the necessary packages, and starting the services. We hope this guide helped you install Nginx, PHP, and Java on Centos 7.
Thank you for reading this article. Please read other articles on our website for more helpful guides and tutorials.